Camelsdale is now effectively part of Haslemere in Surrey, but was in the parish of Fernhurst until 1938 (VCH 4 p58) and is still in the diocese of Chichester.  A chapel in a style influenced by the Arts and Crafts movement, of brick and render and with sloping buttresses was built in 1906.  This became the first parish church and still stands near the present brick one of 1971, which was designed by A F Coombes (ICBS).  This has a diamond-shaped plan with the four corners cut off to form an irregular octagon.  The long walls contain tall, narrow windows with a lower flat-roofed structure to the west for the vestry and entrance.  The main building has a copper-clad roof, sloping up to a lantern in the centre bearing a spike.

Inside, there is seating around three sides, facing the altar against the short east wall, showing the characteristic Anglican reluctance to accept a central altar even where the plan seems made for it.  However, the general effect is pleasing with white-painted walls and exposed roof girders.  Some of the simple fittings are from the old church.